Effective Date: July 16, 2018
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our Services or provide Mintigo with your personal information. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in this Privacy.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.
Information Collected on our Website
On or when you visit our Website, you might be providing information about your visit in the following ways:
You may contact us by sending us an email (following this, we will receive your email address), or using our contact us form on the contact us page. If you will choose to contact us via the form, you will provide us with your full name, email address and company name. You may also provide us with your phone number.
Request a Trial
You may ask as for a free trial of our platform. If you will choose to request a trial, you will provide us with your full name, email address and company name. You may also provide us with your phone number.
You may find certain available career opportunities in Mintigo on the “careers” page. To apply for a career opportunity you will be asked to provide us with your first name, email address, phone number and resume. You may also provide us with your last name.
Registration may be required in order to access certain areas of the website. If you choose to register on the website, we will collect contact information such as name, email address, phone number, and company information such as company name and your job title. You will have the opportunity to “opt-out” of such contacts when you register.
Your IP Address and Host Name
Our Website logs IP addresses for system administration and security purposes. These logs are monitored and analyzed to maintain systems and information security and to allow us to constantly improve the value and the availability of our web content.
Statistics collected as you browse our website
Organizational and personal information our visitors knowingly provide us, such as the visited pages, location, from which domains you found a link to our page and information about which browsers & devices people use to visit our Website.
You are not required by law to provide us with any of the above information; however, if you do not provide certain information, you may not be able to use some of our website features or Services.
We may choose to provide you with marketing communications. The lawful justification for sending marketing communications about our services to you is that you have given clear consent for your personal information to be used for this specific purpose. You are always in control of your data. To opt out of receiving communications from Mintigo, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing.
Mintigo may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Provide the Services
- To operate, maintain and provide to you Mintigo’s website;
- To allow you to contact with us;
- To suggest you a free trial of our platform;
- To suggest you certain positions in our company;
- To provide product support or other services to registered users.
- To improve your experience on our website and by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in our performance of our website, and in light of your active consent – your communication with us. In case of registered users – we process this information in light of and for the performance of the contract between us.
Improve, and Develop Services and the Platform
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our website, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities;
- Your e-mail to send you service updates and notifications about your account;
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted;
- To contact you when Mintigo believes it to be necessary.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in our website and giving our users the best experience.
Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security and incidents;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our website and giving our users the best experience.
Advertising and Marketing
- We may deliver targeted marketing and measure the success of those campaigns. At any time you may opt out of the Services’ mailing lists, by sending Mintigo a written notice to: email@example.com. If you raise such an objection, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes.
- Combine information we collect about you with information from our business partners and use it to serve more relevant advertising.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
We may use your information for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing information with others
In addition, Mintigo may share your Personal Information with others, without your explicit consent, for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Mintigo’s good-faith discretion:
- When it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Services and to provide you with the Services, or to protect our customers;
- If Mintigo reasonably believes that you have abused your rights to use the Services, or performed any act or omission that Mintigo reasonably believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. Mintigo may share your information in these cases, with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
- If disclosure is necessary in order to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Mintigo, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where Mintigo reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent harm, physical damage or damage to property;
- If Mintigo organizes the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Mintigo and/or any of its business is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if Mintigo enters bankruptcy, provided, however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- To help our partners target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially interesting offers.
- Mintigo may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with Mintigo, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, and other partners, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
Your rights and Data retention
You can request the deletion of the personal information Mintigo has collected or withdraw your consent to the processing of such information, and disable its future collection by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. From that point, we shall not have the right to process your personal information, and you’ll not be allowed to use our Services. Note, however, that you may withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
If you are located within the European Union (the “EU“), you are afforded specific rights regarding your personal information. Subject to the abovementioned applicability, users shall have the following rights:
- Right to Access: you may request to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal information. If we are, you can request a copy of your personal information, which we provide free of charge in the initial instance;
- Right to Data Portability: the copy of your personal information we provide will be in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You shall be entitled to transmit this personal information to another entity;
- Right to Erasure: you may request the erasure of your personal information. We cannot restore information that we have deleted;
- Right to Object: you may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information. If you are eligible to exercise this right, we will ensure that your personal information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us, unless we are required to do so by law or there are overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing;
- Right to Rectification: you may ask us to change or update your personal information, especially if it is inaccurate;
- Right to Restriction of Processing: you may request us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if it is inaccurate or unlawfully held;
- Right to Withdraw Consent: where you have consented to the processing of your personal information by us, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your information by us before the withdrawal of your consent.
- You have the right to file a complaint to any relevant supervisory authority.
Mintigo does not retain information longer than required to provide the website’s features and for reasonable business needs, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide the website’s features and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our website, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do customers provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we maintain the data until you actively delete it.
- Is the personal information of a special category under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR“)? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has Mintigo adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type?
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is Mintigo subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Mintigo may at all times review, retain and disclose any other information as Mintigo deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and Mintigo’s needs and necessities. By doing so Mintigo does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such communications.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer or device and may contain a device identifier for the purpose of recognizing your browser as you interact with websites. Device identifiers may be randomly generated or assembled from available system elements such as IP address, browser version, OS type and version, device type and settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, wireless mobile subscriber ISDN numbers, public switched telephone network information, mobile network information or software data.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO CHANGE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS TO DISABLE COOKIES IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN FOR YOU A UNIQUE USER ID. BE AWARE THAT COOKIES MIGHT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CERTAIN FUNCTIONS ON OUR WEBSITE.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests, including retargeting campaigns;
- Provide analytics and reporting;
- To increase our website’s functionality and user-friendliness;
- Maintain information in both identifiable and de-identified forms;
- To support security measures;
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the website. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the website, to better understand how you interact with the website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the website.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your browser’s memory.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
HTML5 Local Storage
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Mintigo and our advertising partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Mintigo considers information security to be a top priority, and is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Mintigo implements systems, applications and procedures to secure personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. When we transmit highly confidential data over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance.
Therefore, although Mintigo takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Mintigo cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Mintigo’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Questions about the security of personal information can be directed to our Information Security Officer, email: email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
Contact Mintigo / Abuse reports
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question or believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, or any other requests, responses, questions and complaints, then please contact Mintigo via firstname.lastname@example.org.
155 Bovet Road, Suite 400
San Mateo, CA 94402
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, MINTIGO IS A DATA CONTROLLER FOR INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE SUBJECT TO THIS POLICY.